Ground Rules for June 24 Public Meeting on Transparency
- This public meeting is about transparency at FDA, how the agency can make understandable and useful information available to the public. Comments should be limited to this topic.
– Comments should be limited to 5 minutes to permit adequate time for questions from the panel and to allow time for an open comment session later in the day. During the open comment session, attendees who did not register to speak can make comments.
- Registered speakers will be organized into panels of three. We have attempted to group registered speakers thematically, based on the brief description each speaker provided when he or she registered to speak. Admittedly, this is an imperfect science and speakers in some groups may be speaking on different topics.
– FDA panelists may ask questions to the panel after all three speakers finish delivering their comments.
– We are looking forward to a respectful discussion and exchange of ideas.
– Under no circumstance shall a speaker be interrupted by another attendee at the conference.
– Personal attacks or disparaging comments will not be permitted.
– Comments to the panel should be made only when at a microphone and you have been recognized by the Chair of the meeting.
– The public meeting is being webcast and there will be a verbatim transcript of the meeting publicly available. Do not share or reveal information you would not want to be public.
– In addition to the public meeting, there are other ways to provide comments to the task force. You can post comments to this blog, submit written comments to the Division of Dockets Management, or submit electronic comments to Docket No. FDA-2009-N-0247 at www.regulations.gov. Information about submitting comments to the task force can be found in the June 3, 2009 Federal Register Notice.
We look forward to your participation at the public meeting on June 24.
Afia Asamoah, JD, MPP
Public Meeting Coordinator